Everything is in flurry the day before MD. I got up early to grocery-shop. Lots of dads with their tots at the grocery store. Most of them were by the flower and balloon shop. Some were by the meat section - looks like they were planning a barbeque party.
At our household? The current plan is to spend MD at the Chicago Botanic Gardens. I am excited about this. We're going to have a picnic in an area outside the gardens, then stroll through the winding pathways and admire the Spring flowers. Can't wait to take lots of pictures.
It is a little nippy outside in the shade but warm under the sun. I've been talking out loud for everyone to hear - giving hints of what I want for MD. This year, skip the jewelry, chocolates, and Barbies. I want a climbing-rose bush; with pink flowers! It will go well by the gazebo that DH built a year ago. I also want hanging flowering plants to hang out there in the front porch. Skip the expensive restaurant treat! That would amount to 2 more liclac bushes. Those would go well behind the gazebo.
Ok, ok... surprise me then. With flowering plants!
Saturday, May 12, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment