Yes, we also have Simbang Gabi here in the U.S. Kaya lang, it is only for one night. Different Roman Catholic community churches have their own Simbang Gabi...as long as there are Filipino members. Everyone in the community loves Simbang Gabi. Even the Americans! After the mass at 7:00pm, everyone goes to the gathering space and celebrate. Lots of food, singing, dancing, games for the little kids...
I haven't gone to a Simbang Gabi mass in the US. But this year, on Monday, a friend volunteered me to be the official photographer. Oh, my! what does that mean "Official Photographer"? She introduced me in the program as "Marissa, Official Photographer, scrapbooker, both paper and digital". Wow! Talk about free advertising!
I really don't know what to expect. Am I supposed to take pictures candidly? will each family pose for a portrait? I don't know. My friend said the church is decorated with lots of parol [Philippine Christmas lanterns].
Sunday, December 9, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment