This is old news. And you probably have seen the video many times over and over again. Did you laugh? Does it still make you laugh? Every time you play it, does it still make you roll over in laughter?
I admit that the first time I viewed it with the caption/trailer, I laughed. I played it again and I laughed again, this time, the second time, I laughed at the facial expression of the lady judge. She was just staring at the contestant in disbelief! Everytime I watched the video clip, it is this judge's expresion I laugh at.
I played it several times more. The song caught on - the singer's version, that is. Without you, sang by Harry Nilsson a long time ago was one of my many favorite songs. I still know the lyrics, to the surprise of my teenage daughter, who thinks it is a brand new song! But I like Valentina's version better.
I have high respect for Valentina. She is my new hero. She stood there in front of the judges and thousands of people [knowing that there will be millions more who would be watching her] with utmost confidence! CONFIDENCE! something I lack. When the judge asked her if she meant to sing "Without You", she confidently replied "No." She gave her heart and soul singing that song.
I admire her sweet innocence of the English language. Why should I laugh at her again? She did the best she could, the way she understood how words were pronounced, the best she could in her Bulgarian accent.
Way to go, Valentina! My hero!!! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_RgL2MKfWTo
Saturday, June 7, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment