Friday, April 18, 2008

Forwarded Messages

I always receive forwarded messages from friends and family. Some are jokes, some contain good advice, some are religious, some are sad...

Some I read, most I delete, and rarely do I forward them to anyone else. But here's one I received from DH and I think it is worth to share with everybody.

Cell Phone Use and Messages

Be aware that cell phones easily get lost or stolen. Due to this reason,
1) Do not label the phone numbers like Dad, Mom, Hubby, Son, Daughter. Use first names.
2) Do not respond to sensitive information through text messaging, such as your social security number, your PIN number, bank account, credit card number.
3) If you are not sure if it is someone you know [i.e. your spouse] asking about these questions, CONFIRM by calling back. And it is better to tell them verbally over the phone than by texting.
4) If you receive a text message from friends or family saying they want to meet you somewhere [to shop, to dine, for a movie] again, CONFIRM by calling back.
5) [from me] better yet, each member should have their own pass code [kind of like a signature]to add at the end of the text message, one that doesn't make sense to anyone but just between family members. such as !!! or cherio

Take care.

No comments: