April 8 I've been having contractions. We went to the doctor but after the examination I was sent home. Nope! That kid is not "all the way down yet". The doctor said my due date is April 14. I had pain all night and all day, off and on.
April 9, 10:00 am we went back to the doctor. Again, I was sent home. More off and on pain all day and all night.
April 10...yes...back to the doctor. By this time I was in so much pain I kept rubbing my head on my pillow. I rubbed it raw! and I kept asking people to massage my back/hips. Somehow it soothed the pain. The doctor wanted to send me home again. Said I wasn't ready. I said, Yes I am!!!
So he made me wait in the patient room. They should have called it impatient room! By 5pm I found myself in an ambulance and they rushed me from the doctor's clinic all the way to the hospital.
By 6pm I was prepped for a c-section. The last thing I remembered was the anesthesiologist asking if I wanted a boy or a girl. I said "boy".
I heard all these weird noises coming from afar, like drifting in and out of space. When I was half-awake I realized all the relatives were in the room waiting for me to wake up. I thought to myself why are they all here? I want to rest.
The first thing I asked was, "where are my legs?" I couldn't feel my legs. It felt like half of my body (the upper half) is on the bed and the lower half is dangling on the side of the bed.
Everybody laughed. I asked about my legs first, not about my baby.
A baby?! I thought. Oh, yeah. I had a baby. It is so weird. It didn't feel like having a baby. For the longest time after that, staring at the baby, feeding him, cuddling him, I still couldn't believe I have a baby! I guess it's because it was not a "natural" birth.
Happy birthday, Lennart! I love you.
April 9, 10:00 am we went back to the doctor. Again, I was sent home. More off and on pain all day and all night.
April 10...yes...back to the doctor. By this time I was in so much pain I kept rubbing my head on my pillow. I rubbed it raw! and I kept asking people to massage my back/hips. Somehow it soothed the pain. The doctor wanted to send me home again. Said I wasn't ready. I said, Yes I am!!!
So he made me wait in the patient room. They should have called it impatient room! By 5pm I found myself in an ambulance and they rushed me from the doctor's clinic all the way to the hospital.
By 6pm I was prepped for a c-section. The last thing I remembered was the anesthesiologist asking if I wanted a boy or a girl. I said "boy".
I heard all these weird noises coming from afar, like drifting in and out of space. When I was half-awake I realized all the relatives were in the room waiting for me to wake up. I thought to myself why are they all here? I want to rest.
The first thing I asked was, "where are my legs?" I couldn't feel my legs. It felt like half of my body (the upper half) is on the bed and the lower half is dangling on the side of the bed.
Everybody laughed. I asked about my legs first, not about my baby.
A baby?! I thought. Oh, yeah. I had a baby. It is so weird. It didn't feel like having a baby. For the longest time after that, staring at the baby, feeding him, cuddling him, I still couldn't believe I have a baby! I guess it's because it was not a "natural" birth.
Happy birthday, Lennart! I love you.
The labor pains were well worth it!



No comments:
Post a Comment