Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Some Angels Had a Blast!




Some Angels had a sleep-over and had a blast. They had a pillow fight, I think...or perhaps planned to bake an angel cake. They giggled and laughed and started throwing stuff at each other until the down pillows burst...or was it the flour bags. But whatever it was...all the white stuff floated down to earth and made everything white again.


I drove my daughter to school today. It was slipping and sliding all the way. I nearly hit the car in front of me at a red light because my SUV just went on skidding forward. At the last moment I steered to the right. The sidewalk broke the motion but now I don't know if the wheels will be OK. But I was OK. So is the car in front of me [whew!]

I took some pictures when I got home from my daughter's school. Boy! everythin in nature is so confused today. I am confused...is it Spring or is it still Winter? Are we going to skip Spring and jump right into Summer this year? The plants are confused. The buds are now all frozen. I don't think there will be a lot of flowers in the garden this year. The birds are confused as well. I saw some geese last week. Where are they now?

This picture reminds of when as a little girl we made Christmas trees out of tree branches and covered them with "snow" made of ground hibiscus leaves, water, and powdery laundry soap - like Tide.
I love it when each branch and twig is outlined with snow!

I got to the office an hour late. I came in singing "Jingle bells, jingle bells..." Someone said for me to stop singing Christmas carols, to which I replied, "where in the song does it mention anything about Christmas?"

I surfed the web for the lyrics of Jingle Bells and found this:

"Believe it or not Jingle Bells, one of the most famous American Christmas songs, was originally written for Thanksgiving! The author and composer of Jingle Bells was a minister called James Pierpoint who composed the song in 1857 for children celebrating his Boston Sunday School Thanksgiving. The song was so popular that it was repeated at Christmas, and indeed Jingle Bells has been reprised ever since.The essence of a traditional Christmas is captured in the lyrics of Jingle Bells and the sound effects using the bells have become synonymous with the arrival of Father Christmas or Santa Claus to the delight of children of all ages!"

We still have our Christmas lights outside the house; and the star lanterns (parol) that my sister brought us from the Philippines about 3 years ago hanging on the windows. My husband planned to take them down when it gets a little bit warmer so he can also clean the glass windows. But it didn't get any warmer. So tonight, when I get home, I will turn those on, just for kicks. Someone up there is having fun, we might as well have the same down here.

1 comment:

Lee i. said...

Ganda ng snow pic pero really freaky weather ha. Please keep posting. Ingat.