Monday, April 23, 2007

Scrapbooking Alone

I scrapbook alone. I do not go to scrap meets or groups. Archivers and Michael's are 5 minutes away from home. Joann's is 20 minutes away. But I still don't have time to go and meet other scrapbookers. I guess because I have put paper scrapbooking on hold for a while. I've made paper plopper albums for 3 wedding showers. I've made some paper layouts and gave them away as gifts. It just takes me too long to do a paper layout. I stare at the papers and embellishments for the longest time because I want everything to be perfect. I've encouraged friends to scrapbook. Even went to the lengths of teaching them how to scrapbook digitally. They were excited at first but soon enough much as they want to scrap they are too busy with the other activities. I've encouraged my sister, Lee. I am so happy and proud she has pursued scrapbooking. Now she is way ahead of me. She even goes to scrap meets and have met so many friends online.
But here I am, scrapbooking alone. having all my supplies in one place, within easy reach. Discarding supplies here and there if I don't like how my LOs are turning out to be as I know they are endlessly available. I can scrap anywhere I want...down in the kitchen or family room; at the office during my lunch breaks, out on the patio in the Summer time, in front of the TV in the loft, or in my kalat room with the cat and one gold fish as my companions.
But it's OK. I can concentrate on what I truly want my children and their children to know about me. I am starting on something called.. My Life As A Child. Perhaps I will have to steal some of Lee's journaling for the next LO (hehe).
Credits: ChristineHonsinger FabFleaMktFind Bow Ribbon Green
DurinEberhart Caribbean green flowers
CarlaGgibson NewYear
CherylBarber SliceOfSummer indexcard
Fonts: Times New Roman, Edwardian Script
Pictures: downloaded from the internet. Perhaps Lee can take some pictures for me, especially the inside of the ice cream canisters.

1 comment:

Lee i. said...

Join na pinoyscrapbookers. Check out wwww.pinoyscrapbookers.blogspot.com.